Cold Storage

Total pounds of beef in freezers were up 1 percent from the previous month and up 4 percent from last year.

Beef in cold storage highest in 14 months

Total natural cheese stocks in refrigerated warehouses on February 28, 2022 were up 2 percent from the previous month and up 2 percent from February 28, 2021.

Butter stocks were up 20 percent from last month but down 26 percent from a year ago.

Total frozen poultry supplies on February 28, 2022 were up 6 percent from the previous month but down 1 percent from a year ago. Total stocks of chicken were up 1 percent from the previous month and up 2 percent from last year. Total pounds of turkey in freezers were up 21 percent from last month but down 8 percent from February 28, 2021.

Total frozen fruit stocks were down 9 percent from last month and down 4 percent from a year ago.

Total frozen vegetable stocks were down 8 percent from last month and down 5 percent from a year ago.

Total red meat supplies in freezers were up 5 percent from the previous month and up 1 percent from last year. Total pounds of beef in freezers were up 1 percent from the previous month and up 4 percent from last year. Frozen pork supplies were up 11 percent from the previous month but down 1 percent from last year. Stocks of pork bellies were up 12 percent from last month and up 34 percent from last year.