Cold Storage

Total pounds of beef in freezers were down 2 percent from the previous month but up 25 percent from last year.

Beef in cold storage record high for May

Total natural cheese stocks in refrigerated warehouses on May 31, 2022 were up 2 percent from the previous month and up 4 percent from May 31, 2021.

Butter stocks were up 8 percent from last month but down 22 percent from a year ago.

Total frozen poultry supplies on May 31, 2022 were up 2 percent from the previous month and up 1 percent from a year ago. Total stocks of chicken were down 2 percent from the previous month but up 3 percent from last year. Total pounds of turkey in freezers were up 13 percent from last month but down 4 percent from May 31, 2021.

Total frozen fruit stocks were up 2 percent from last month and up 12 percent from a year ago.

Total frozen vegetable stocks were down 7 percent from last month but up slightly from a year ago.

Total red meat supplies in freezers were down slightly from the previous month but up 20 percent from last year. Total pounds of beef in freezers were down 2 percent from the previous month but up 25 percent from last year. Frozen pork supplies were up 2 percent from the previous month and up 17 percent from last year. Stocks of pork bellies were down 3 percent from last month but up 55 percent from last year.