Sign up available for virtual Feedlot Short Course starting July 16
BROOKINGS, S.D. — SDSU Extension will be hosting a seven-week virtual Feedlot Short Course beginning on July 16. The program is scheduled to run each Thursday from July 16 through August 27, at 12:30 p.m. CDT.
“Rather than contend with the uncertainties surrounding COVID-19 and hosting in-person events, this year we are holding the event as a Zoom webinar. While we do lose the face-to-face interaction, this format allows for a larger number of participants and gives them the opportunity to participate without taking as much time away from their operations,” said Warren Rusche, SDSU Extension beef feedlot management associate.
Each session will run for one hour with an opportunity for attendees to ask questions.
• July 16: Bunk Management — Warren Rusche, SDSU Extension beef feedlot management associate.
• July 23: Facility Management — Open Yards and Confinement, Erik Loe, Midwest PMS.
• July 30: Backgrounding Systems to Add Value to Cattle and Crops – Alfredo DiCostanzo, University of Minnesota professor of beef cattle nutrition and management.
• August 6: Cattle Feeding Risk Management – Matt Diersen, SDSU Extension risk/business management specialist and professor.
• August 13: Growth Enhancing Technologies – Zach Smith, SDSU assistant professor.
• August 20: Feedlot Cattle Health Strategies – Russ Daly, SDSU Extension veterinarian, state public health veterinarian and professor.
• August 27: 2020 Feed and Cattle Outlook/Program Wrap-up – Panel.
Registration is $25 and allows access to all seven sessions. To register, go to https://extension.sdstate.edu/event/2020-virtual-feedlot-shortcourse.
For more information, please contact Warren Rusche, SDSU Extension Beef Feedlot Management Associate, at email@example.com or 605.688.5452