The global artificial intelligence in agriculture market size is expected to reach USD 2.9 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 25.4% from 2019 to 2025. Artificial intelligence solutions in the agricultural industry are emerging in various forms, such as soil and crop monitoring, agricultural robots, and predictive analytics. Farmers and agribusiness corporations are increasingly using soil sampling and artificial intelligence -enabled sensors for data gathering for better analysis and processing. The availability of these processed data has paved the way for the deployment of artificial intelligence in agriculture and farming.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Surge in the deployment of predictive analytics solutions in the farming and agriculture industry has created massive potential for artificial intelligence solutions in the agricultural industry
- Several benefits of artificial intelligence, such as prevention of cost overruns, weather forecasting, remote monitoring, weed detection, and irrigation management encourages the implementation of artificial intelligence in agriculture for increased productivity
- Market players are focusing on providing advanced artificial intelligence and big data in the agricultural industry, which offers advanced features such as crop scouting, field mapping, and yield monitoring
- Key market players are considering partnerships and acquisitions of startups providing innovative products to expand their range of artificial intelligence solutions for the agricultural industry
- Key competitors in the market are IBM Corporation; Microsoft; Deere & Company; AgEagle Aerial Systems Inc.; The Climate Corporation; Granular, Inc.; Descartes Labs, Inc.; Prospera Technologies; Taranis; aWhere Inc.; GAMAYA; ec2ce; PrecisionHawk; VineView; and Tule Technologies Inc.; among others.
Read 100 page research report with ToC on "Artificial Intelligence in Agriculture Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Component (Software, Hardware), By Technology, By Application (Precision Farming, Drone Analytics), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/artificial-intelligence-in-agriculture-market
Rapidly increasing global population is one of the key factors driving the need for artificial intelligence in agriculture. The global population is expected to reach 9.8 billion by 2050, according to the UN. Subsequently, food production must increase significantly as well. Artificial intelligence enables efficient and potential farming techniques for increased crop productivity and yield. For instance, the artificial intelligence Sowing App developed by Microsoft sends sowing advisories on the optimal date for crop sowing to farmers. It enhances the farmers' efficiency in terms of planting and forecasting weather conditions.
The Asia Pacific market is expected to witness substantial growth over the forecast period, owing to increasing adoption of artificial intelligence -enabled solutions and services by agriculture-technology-based companies in emerging economies. Emerging economies such as India and China have started implementing artificial intelligence technologies such as machine learning and computer vision to increase crop yield. Favorable regulations and standards in these countries encourage the implementation of modern techniques in farming and agriculture. For instance, in July 2019, the government of India began the use of artificial intelligence for yield estimation and crop cutting to cut down the cost of farming and increase productivity.
Grand View Research has segmented the global artificial intelligence in agriculture market based on component, technology, application, and region:
- Artificial Intelligence in Agriculture Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Artificial Intelligence in Agriculture Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Machine Learning & Deep Learning
- Predictive Analytics
- Computer Vision
- Artificial Intelligence in Agriculture Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Precision Farming
- Drone Analytics
- Agriculture Robots
- Livestock Monitoring
- Artificial Intelligence in Agriculture Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
Find more research reports on Next Generation Technologies Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Quantum Computing Market – This concept is highly driven by the yearning to escalate the capability of simulating and modeling complex data, advance the optimization and efficiency of systems or processes, and analyze problems with further precision.
- 4K Display Market – High definition has been a significant trend in smart devices and provides an improvement to viewing experience. In last few decades screen size and resolution have changed remarkably owing to technological advancement.
- Advanced 3D/4D Visualization Systems Market – Advanced technologies, improved efficiency, development in the area of AV technology, PACS module integration, eliminating the requirement of invasive surgical procedures, increase in importance in sports medicine, accurate diagnosis and increase in importance of display technologies are expected to be the major drivers for the market.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.