Cold Storage

Total pounds of beef in freezers were down 1 percent from the previous month and down 11 percent from last year.


Beef in Cold Storage Down 11% From Last Year

Total natural cheese stocks in refrigerated warehouses on January 31, 2024 were up 1 percent from the previous month and up 1 percent from January 

Butter stocks were up 25 percent from last month but down 6 percent from a year ago.

Total frozen poultry supplies on January 31, 2024 were up 1 percent from the previous month but down 4 percent from a year ago. Total stocks of chicken were down 5 percent from the previous month and down 7 percent from last year. Total pounds of turkey in freezers were up 24 percent from last month and up 4 percent from January 31, 2023.

Total frozen fruit stocks were down 10 percent from last month but up 4 percent from a year ago.

Total frozen vegetable stocks were down 8 percent from last month and down 3 percent from a year ago.

Total red meat supplies in freezers were up 4 percent from the previous month but down 11 percent from last year. Total pounds of beef in freezers were down 1 percent from the previous month and down 11 percent from last year. Frozen pork supplies were up 10 percent from the previous month but down 10 percent from last year. Stocks of pork bellies were up 14 percent from last month but down 8 percent from last year.